Ok, so I dropped off the face of blog world again! But I'm back :) And I'll make a pathetic attempt to ramble on about all kinds of nothings! And eventually I'll add some pictures from our recent happenings, but not now.
We've been BUSY! We're officially in the heart of another Gateway Summer! I really enjoy summertime around here - so much going on, you get to meet new people (volunteer's) everyone's out & about. Good times, but CRAZY days!! We are gearing up for beginning full-time @ Maple House, and I am getting excited! I am sooooooo ready to live in 1 place again! Back & forth between the 2 houses gets old! I know it will bring alot of new challenges & stresses, but I am very excited for it. The last time we had Chinese, my fortune cookie said "welcome the change that will be coming soon" (or something like that) I've never agreed more with those dumb things! :) I'm sure in about 4 months I will be wondering why in the WORLD I wanted this, but as of right now, I am very peaceful about the upcoming change, & ready!
Aside from life at Gateway, we've been goin, goin, goin!! We camped with friends over Memorial Day weekend, we went to Chicago for a day as Chad's Father's Day gift. (got tickets for all of us to go to a cubs game) and we just got back Sun night from Gulf Shores, AL! Our first "big vacation" with our family of 5. (we've camped lots, gone to a hotel here or there, but never an official 'vacation', let alone a beach! It's the first time our kids have seen the ocean) They loved it, we made LOTS of great memories, and it just made me appreciate my family all the more! I felt so blessed! Now we'll head back to IL (I know...call us crazy!) for an extended 4th of July weekend! Looking forward to spending time with family & friends!!
Well, I'll try & get some pics up soon! It's tough, because something is wrong with our computer @ home. It is sooooooo slllllooooooooowwwww!! Takes FOREVER to upload pics on here! (and it gets me frustrated every time!) But I'll try & give it a shot when I have more time.
No comments:
Post a Comment