
I just love this girl! She is so full of energy, has the sweetest little heart, loves Jesus, but she's a worrier. Big time! So much she makes herself sick. :( As things begin to sink in & she realizes what's happening in our lives & where God is leading us, it's gotten worse! Tonight, as she was trying to go to sleep, she got so worked up about going to a new school, meeting new friends, worrying if she won't make any friends. I don't think I've ever seen her this upset. She was rolling around in her bed, holding her stomach, squeezing her eyes closed & saying things like "I don't want to go to a new school, I'm so worried about moving, What if I don't make any friends....I'm so worried!!" I prayed with her & she said in the middle of it 'It's not working!!' Oh, girl...what do I do with you? Worring this much is so foreign to me...it's just not my nature. And after a while, I tend to get frusterated, because I don't understand how she can get herself so upset over things. So I'm asking for your prayers. That God can fill her with PEACE & COMFORT as we transistion to a new school, home, routine. (She will start at her new school on Nov 16th) It won't be easy, but I KNOW God is faithful! I know He answers prayer & I know HE can help her get through this! He has led us this far...I know He won't leave us! (or Kels!)
So Thanks! I'm so thankful for each of you. For your love, support, encouragement & prayers! Not sure what we would do without our God, our family, & our friends!
11 comments:
Kelsey-
We love you so much. We will continue to pray for you. Just last night, before bed, I asked Jack who we should pray for. He told me: Kelsey, Josiah, and Abbi.
It's normal for you to feel nervous. That is okay. You have a fun personality. I am confident that you are going to make friends.
By the way, talk to Aunt Chelby. She moved to a new school when she was going into 4th grade. I know that she was pretty nervous.
We're praying for you!
Love,
Uncle Tim, Aunt Christa, Jack & Willis
We will be praying especially hard. It is a huge change and a scary one! I'm so thankful that my kids never really had a hard time adjusting. But I know that's cause they are so young. I don't know Kelsey very well, but she seems like a sweet and fun girl. She will fit in here at Gateway no problem and I'm sure it will be the same way at school. We will be praying for your last week in Roanoke. I hope it goes well and you all can feel at peace. We are excited to see you in a week and a day! Love you all!
Moving is a tough time and I have done it plenty in my life. My children have done it plenty in their life time too. When I was in TN I helped teach a class called After the Boxes are all Unpacked. Its a book soley on how to adjust to your move, how to make it the best move, how to help your children thru the move, how to move with your husband, the emotions we take into our move, the new surroundings of our move, the way you choose to move. I know its alot, but its a super good book, and I would be more than willing to send it to you to borrow. Some points might seem silly in the book, but the majority of it helped me emotionally and physically get thru our tennessee move and I apply it to my life even today as I have moved once again to IN. Chapter 14 is titled Roots and Wings and it talks about how to encourage your children in this move and what to do or say or not to say to your children. I highly recommend this book, and even more I recommend you checking out the website. www.justmoved.org
I looked to see if they had a class in your area, but unfortunently they do not. This book is a Focus on the Family book and I recommend it to anyone who is struggling with a move even if its the smallest of struggles.
Will be praying it goes well for you all and for dear little Kelsey.
oh I meant to say the book is written by Susan Miller
Let me know if you would like to borrow it:)
As a mother to another child that has a lot of anxiety adjusting to change, I feel for you, Kristy! I will pray for her & you through this transition. I have no doubts that she will quickly have so many friends you won't know what to do with all of them. :)
Just said a prayer for Kelsey (and the entire family), and will continue to keep praying that the transition is an easy one. We will miss all of you!
Kelsey, I know you are worried about going to a different school and making new friends. Don't worry, God will be there with you every step of the way. You are the sweetest little girl, and I know you will make lots of friends! I hear you are going to even live next door to girls that will be close to your age! That will be so much fun!! :)
Love You! Aunt Jodi
I can so relate to Kelsey! I struggled with being a worrier at a young age. So much so I was diagnosed with ulcers in 3rd grade because of it. It has been an obstacle to overcome but something that God has proven himself through time and time again. I will be praying for each of you as you make the move next week and as you all get adjusted to a new lifestyle and routine. We're looking forward to being your neighbors and getting to know each of you!
Nichole
Kelsey Ann! I am praying for you. I know how scarey it can be to move to a new place and not know any people and have to make all new friends. Its not always easy BUT you have your family with you and they love you and you have your Aunt Christa and family there who love you and now you get to meet all these new people and its going to be SO MUCH FUN! Maybe you can have a big slumber party to meet new friends:) Have Fun! I love you and miss you. Give your mom a big hug from me:)
This makes me sad. I wish I could take the worry away and replace it with smiles and happiness. Being a worrier is from her Grandma Hoffman and her Grandma Farney she never knew here on earth. We were and I still am. Don't like it. Kristy, you take after your father, who just always and I do mean ALWAYS pushed worry away and trusted in his faith in God. I will admit he was worried when cancer started to consume his body for all of us left behind. But, even then, he was able to put all his cares in God's hands. I love you so much Kels, and I will pray for you. Sometimes it takes just a little while for God to work, so we have to have patience. God loves you so much! He will be with you in Indiana just like he is here in Illinois. He will take your hand and safely help you through the days to come. FOREVER and FOREVER and FOREVER, hon. I will need him, too. Love, Grandma Hoffman
Oh Kels - this breaks my heart. Your Aunt Jami and Uncle Clint are praying for you and will continue to. I'm going to tell Paige and Raegan to be praying for all of you kids! Jesus loves you so much and He's got GREAT plans for you kiddo. I can't wait to watch them unfold! :)
We love you!!! All of you!
Thank you for all the great comments. I am going to miss you all! It makes me feel better :)
Love, Kelsey
Post a Comment