Check out my sister-in-law's blog for a great opportunity to give!
http://www.livelaughlove5.blogspot.com
Well, it's 2010. Hard to believe 10 YEARS have gone by since the anticipated 2000 new year where we were all holding our breath wondering if our power would go out, if our computers would still work, if we'd be able to buy food...they really had us worried, didn't they? They're probablly STILL laughing at the way we frantically scrambled for jugs of water, stocked our shelves with food, stocked up on candles, lanterns, kerosene heaters, generators, you name it. I didn't stock up TOO much, but I do remember just being with family that night 'just in case anything happened'. I'm not much of a worrier, but deep down I deffinately had SOME worries.
SO. Since my blog wasn't around 10 years ago (were ANY blogs around that long ago?) :) what was YOUR 2000 New Year's like? Were you worried??
3 comments:
I remember that night so well. Hanging out with the Grammhouse wondering if everything would shut down. Weird feeling it was!
AND thank you so much for putting the word out on your blog about our DCFS project! I just talked to Catholic Charities today - we have 2 MORE rooms to do now...4 total! Praying for volunteers and money! :) So far, I've already had some people email me about wanting to help so that is exciting.
I love you!
Oh man, I was the MASTER worrier at Y2K. I was one of those believers of everything going haywire.
I was at a YG thing. I happen to use the bathroom around midnight. Right before I was ready to walk out of the bathroom, all the lights went out. I was freaking out trying to get out of the bathroom. Yeah, a few of the guys thought it would be hilarious to flip the breakers at midnight. They got the reaction they wanted!!! I am so thankful nothing major happened ;)
Hope you guys are doing good, Kristy! Prayers for yoU!!
I was unconverted at the time...I thought if the end of the world was coming, I was not going to heaven. It was very scary and as the minutes counted down to midnight I got more worried. Obviously, nothing happened...and it took me 2 more years to repent! Happy new year!
Post a Comment