.....That's how many posts I had on my blog for the entire....ENTIRE ... year of 2011. TEN! How pathetic is that?? Even though the last post was dated Dec of 11, I just posted it the other day. I had began writing it back in December, to introduce Tucker to you, my fellow blog readers.....all 2 of you..... if you are even still attempting to read this choppy, inconsistent thing I call a BLOG. But alas, it took me 3 months to come back to it and finish it.
So much has been happening in the past few months I'm not even sure where to start! I guess I can just update you on our life serving here at Gateway. Our house is FULL! 7 teens, 3 Kaeb kids, and don't forget the dog. It's busy! Certainly chaotic at times, and most definitely feeling STRETCHED, but somehow God continues to give us the supernatural STRENGTH that HE so amazingly provides. Some days are good, other's are tough. It's hard to not get emotionally attached to these residents and their broken lives. It hurts to learn what they've gone through, or to see them sad....or to know that they NEED JESUS so badly, but reject Him. But we have 7 amazing kids right now. They are real. They're fun. And God is working in some of their hearts, Praise be to Him!!
Our own children are closing in on the end of the school year. Josiah finished basketball not too long ago & did great! Kels is reading like crazy, and ever since she started reading Karen Kingsbury books, we can't get her to put them down! Abbi is EXPLODING with energy, but is such a joy, and loves playing outside, around campus, or with her friends. She often provides us with cheap entertainment ;)
Lice has gone through our house. It's NOT something I'm happy about, proud of, or even thrilled to share with you. But it's real, and it is what it is. I'm sick of it! (we're just getting over round 2) It's EXHAUSTING! It's depressing! and it's TIME CONSUMING!!!! So pray. Pray that it can be cleared from our family, and NEVER return! You can also pray for strength for us. We are on day 2 of a 10 and 1/2 day stretch, over spring break, so the residents are home NINE of those days....all day. There's not alot of down time. There's rarely a peaceful moment. But we are confident that our GOD will give us all we need to make it through this stretch! And then we will enjoy SEVEN.....SEVEN days off, with not a whole lot planned! Sounds glorious.....
1 comment:
Oh Kristy...I love reading your blog and I am sure there are MANY others who do, too! I am praying for you. I know much of what you guys are going through, and I know how hard it can be!
Post a Comment