Well, one day I came across an ADORABLE puppy for sale online, and showed Chad. I told him "Maybe we could get a puppy....isn't he sooooo cuuuuuute?!?" "We are not getting a puppy...I don't think you realize how much work they are!" "But it would be really good for the kids, I think. They would learn to be responsible by helping take care of it...might be a good experience for them!?" Again....no. So I told Chad, "ok, you're probably right...I'm not going to push -- maybe we'll get one someday when we're BOTH on board."
End of discussion.
Well, one of our residents was saving up and working on "earning" a hamster. Chad took the 2 boys to a pet store one day to learn more about them. While they were there, they were looking at all of the puppies. A few days later, somehow Chad & I were back at this pet store, oooing and aaahhing over these adorable puppies just waiting for someone to love them! :) I asked a question about 1 of them, and he said 'tell you what - you guys have a seat in here, and I'll be right back!' Couple minutes later, he brought out the puppy! (they know how to getcha!!) Well, that was NOT the puppy for us. Cute, yes, but he shed terribly all over our coats, and was super hyper! Adorable, yes, but no thanks. And off we went.
Next thing I know, my adorable hubby is researching, and researching online different breeds of dogs, and which would be the 'best' for our situation. I checked to make sure Gateway would be ok with us having an indoor dog, just in case, and they were! So the researching continued. And continued. And continued! Chad is now VERY WELL EDUCATED in different types of dog breeds, so if you have any questions, just ask him. :) I was back in our room folding laundry one day, and in came Chad with the laptop & said "this is it! He's the one! Isn't he so cute?!?" Yeah, I said he was kinda cute, not 100% sold. All of a sudden, the tables had turned! Crazy how that happens.... Since he was ready & waiting to find a home, he was a "good deal" - but he was ready NOW! So we got everything ready, and picked him up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I put together a little 'scavenger hunt' around campus, and it ended up with them finding a little cock-a-poo, which they eventually all decided on naming....Tucker.
The residents love him, and for the most part, the kids on campus love him. Our neighbor girls get so excited when they see him outside...so, when it's all said & done - I guess we'll keep him =)
2 comments:
Maddie is yelling, "Ducker, ducker, ducker!" whenever we see a dog, she always asks if it's Tucker :)
or you could always feed him to August.. heheh..
clark spark
Post a Comment