Friday, April 6

He's REAL.....and He's ALIVE!

Anytime I struggle with lacking complete and utter faith in God.....anytime I even utter 'why is this happening to me?!?'.... HE reassures me that He is real! That He is ALIVE! And He still, and always will care about every detail of my life!

The other week, at the end of the day, I went back to our bedroom & got ready to head to the gym. I needed to work out.....it was a long day, I was irritated, I hadn't been using my gym as much as I should, and I was DETERMINED to go exercise. Even if it was 9:30 at night & I just wanted my bed. Well....before I left, I remembered an email that I needed to reply to, and then it led to something I needed to change in the logs, and before I knew it, 1 thing led to another, and it was after 10:00. Frustrated, I tried to wrap things up quickly, got on my shoes, and was about to head out the door when Chad said: "is that someone's alarm going off?" I listened...again, irritated. Irritated because it wasn't stopping, so I was going to have to check on the situation, since it was back in the girls hallway. It was still going off! 10:15 at night, and I couldn't hear any movement in her room, so I knocked. Nothing. I knocked LOUDER, and finally called her name. She groaned, but didn't respond much. Again, I called her name, and asked her to open the door. Nothing. I finally said: "I'm going to have to open your door....she was so out of it, so I stepped in and had to wake her up and have her turn off the alarm! She was so confused. She asked if it was morning :) I told her no, it was 10:15 at night.....why was her alarm set for that time?? She didn't make much sense, but she claimed she DIDN'T set it for that time. I clicked the button to check, and oddly enough, the alarm WAS set for 6 something A.M.!! When I released the button, it showed that the time was 10:15 P.M. I was confused. She was confused! It was a simple alarm clock.....what was going on?? I double checked it, and sure enough - it was set for A.M. So HOW was it going off??? I turned it off, then turned it back on again, and told her to go back to sleep. (not sure she ever really WOKE up! It's amazing how hard teens can sleep!) =)
I had hoped that her alarm would indeed go off at the correct time in the morning, but thinking in my head that the thing must have a serious problem. I turned off her light, and went to walk out, but that's when I noticed a little red glow. I realized it was her hair straightener. Lying on her desk. I went over to it, felt it, and it. was. HOT! The DESK was hot! I don't know how long it had been on, but clearly it was a long time. And there was no 'auto-off'. I attempted to ask her about it, but she just moaned. =) I was immediately amazed at my Jesus. I don't know why I even question Him, or why I am ever surprised at His goodness, but I KNOW......with everything in me, that He had EVERYTHING to do with all the details of the night. That not only HE made the alarm go off, but HE allowed things to come up-even if they frustrated me more- that kept me at the house longer. Had Chad been here alone, he would have NEVER went into 1 of the girls rooms, but rather would have just knocked & told her to shut off her alarm. Or just let it shut off by itself! He would have never noticed the straightener left on. Lying on a wood desk. And not to mention how hard it was to wake her up. Had she just replied to me, and I asked her to turn off her alarm, I would have never had to go in there to help her.

God IS good! He really, truly cares about every little detail of our lives! So next time you utter the question "why is this happening to me?!?"..........just remember that GOD KNOWS. There's a perfectly good reason why everything doesn't go OUR way....

4 comments:

Sandra said...

AMEN!! This was a good story and lesson!! Thanks for sharing. Our lives are totally in his control and we can not choose how we want it to go, even though at times we think we can.

Britni said...

oh my word!!! this is a crazy awesome story! it just goes to show how much PRAYER effects our jobs. so many times it is just plain evident that God is moving at Gateway due to the prayers of someone else far away! so glad that the straightener got shut off.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kristy for sharing that story. God is in control even when we think not!! Thanks I needed to hear a faith builder!!
Love & Prayers

Mom K

teresa said...

Thanks for sharing your story. It gave me chills. So thankful that God cares about every person, every detail of life and it all has purpose.

I don't personally know you Kristy, but I went to school with your Mom. Love and ((hugs)) to both of you.