Thursday, February 21

Experiments....





I snapped these pictures at my Mom's house the other week, after yet another beautiful snow. (which can go away any day now & not come back for 9 months) But I'm thankful for all the snow God has blessed us with this winter. Now some of you may be saying.....WHAT?!? But I will never witness another snowfall without thinking of my Dad. I believe I've shared this on here before, but as we opened the curtains just after Dad passed, it was snowing! Silently but so beautiful. We all just watched....off and on throughout the day. It was a peaceful time. Then, as soon as we got back from his funeral, it started again. So I wanted to capture a snowfall at Mom's house. As she prepares to move and leave this all behind. (which is hard to think about) All that she & Dad established. All that Dad built. The addition...gazebo...deck...bridge...arbor.... I could go on. His work is evident all throughout their house. But as difficult as it is, Mom needs something smaller. Something with less upkeep. Something with lower property taxes!! :) So that has been consuming our time and thoughts lately. We thought we found the perfect house - brick ranch which my Dad built!! However, the lady decided to stay put for now! (after Mom had an offer in and everything!) So if you could pray for this situation, we would be grateful! Thankfully Mom's buyers don't want to close until beginning of June, but it will be here before we know it! There just isn't anything available right now that would work good for her & Matt. SO....I bring to you my prayer request. :)
Also....thanks for all of your encouragement! I am SO motivated to drop some pounds, and look forward to this form of accountability! Now - some warmer weather would be a HUGE help for excercise.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristy, Kirk and I continue to pray for your mom and family. We hope she finds the perfect place soon. Also, keep up the great attitude about losing weight. I always find that motivation is the hardest part so keep on keepin on!! Love you!

Jessica said...

I had no idea you took such amazing pictures! They look awesome! Frame worthy, as I like to say : )
I think about your mom and all of you so much! We pray often for you and am thankful that you can share some "specifics" on what to pray for. I love you!

Jami said...

Oh I'm so disappointed for her with that other house. I will be praying for the perfect place to open up.

And I too remember that snow after the funeral...seriously I think it was one of the most beautiful snowfalls I've seen...Big Gorgeous flakes...

Sandra said...

WOW Kristy...you can sure take pictures!! Ever think of making it a business?? Keep up the good work.