Thursday, February 28

From This Day.......

Well to be completely honest, it has been one of the worst weeks I can ever recall. (I believe you got a glimps from my last post) Don't worry, I'm not going to vent again or go into detail, but God blessed me this morning through His Word! After feeling like I've been 'given SO MUCH more than I can handle', and wondering HOW am I ever going to survive this time?!? He BLESSES me with renewed HOPE! As I opened this morning to Haggai...(which is tough to do - it's only 2 chapters!) My initial reaction was....great - I need to hear words of hope and encouragement.....Haggai, Lord?!? Well, after staggering through the 2nd chapter and all it's names and "in the seventh month, in the one and twentieth day of the month...." I found it. My golden nugget =) First, Haggai was encouraging Zerubbabel & Joshua to BE STRONG! (ok, Kristy: be strong! You can make it through this time with God's grace!) Then towards the end of the chapter God gave a promise that "from this day, will I bless you". Thank-you, Jesus! I found such comfort in those 7 simple words! I know there will still be tough days and weeks ahead, but I felt a huge peace after reading that. I could feel God assuring me that things will get better. I just need to keep my focus on HIM & go to Him for strength!

Are you struggling today? Tired of winter, ice, snow, wind chills? Tired of the mundane days of parenting & housekeeping? (I know I am.) But I encourage you to look to God's Word for HOPE! Because, From This Day....HE WILL BLESS YOU!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Kristy...good for you to not just close the bible and reopen after you saw you opened to Haggai...I know I can do that sometimes. Its neat how he God can speak to each of us so differently at exactly the right moment. Thanks for sharing this post...and the message is so good...HE WILL BLESS US!!!

Rebekah said...

thanks Kristy...it hasn't been a great week here either and your words were so encouraging. Thank you for your vulnerability.

Love you and praying for you,
Rebekah

Jami said...

Thanks Kristy! We're all in this together...

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Kristy. We love you!
Prayers, Sarah