Tuesday, April 29

'Bill' Franklin

Yesterday, Kelsey came home from school and was all excited about an assembly they had. When I asked her what it was about, she replied: "There was this guy, and I think his name was Bill, and he like invented all these things like libraries, and I think he invented the first library in like fire houses, and like post offices and stuff" ...By now, I am TOTALLY confussed!.... She went on about 'like' kites and thunder and 'like' ... I cut her off & asked: 'did you listen to the assembly?...or were you talking??' She claims she was NOT talking, and that she had to sit between 2 boys!! I then asked if this was a real person, if he was alive...I was so baffled. She said it was a real person, and he was dressed kinda funny. I thought a little, and asked her: Was it about Benjamin Franklin?!? "YES! That was his name! He invented alot of things! It was really neat!"

Whew..... glad we finally got it all figured out. Except - I think I'd better 'clear-up' her understanding of Benjamin ('Bill') Franklin....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny story! Kels is too cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Kids say the cutest things. Thanks for sharing that. U. Denny and I both got a good chuckle. Love, A. Bonnie

sarah.flyingkites said...

Kristy,
That Kelsey sure gives you great blog stories! So cute...
Sarah

Jami said...

see these are the things I look forward to about Paige in school...cute story! :)