Tuesday, April 1
My Kelsey Girl.....
Lately this is how I find my little girl once she's asleep. The picture she is holding is of my Dad. She has me play a certain song from a CD that Rebekah made for me (which i LOVE!) It's 'Glory' from Selah, and she has me put it on repeat so she can listen to it over & over & fall asleep to it. She says it makes her think of Grandpa. I love my Kelsey Girl...she misses her Grandpa SO much! (and so do I)
The other day as we were driving to church, we had some flowers to put on Dad's grave. So we got to talking about him & the questions started coming! When will I get to see him again? How do we get up to Heaven? (i feel like we go over these answers again & again) But she asked us if everyone will be in heaven, so we explained that God wants everyone there, but some don't love Jesus, and they don't believe His Word or follow it. So it's really important to keep reading the Bible & loving Jesus & others and following His teachings. To which her responce was something like this: "I wanna see Grandpa again, so I'm gonna read my Bible EVERY DAY.....and I will always be good and do what the Bible says......but I might forget, somedays." :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
what a precious post Kristy. The picture is so darling. I'm so glad you enjoy the CD :) music is so powerful in times like these.
love you so much!
bek
Kristy - that is absolutely precious. What sweet tender moments. I love you!
oh, that brings tears to my eyes....how sweet and precious she is! Love you and praying for you.
Oh wow, that is very touching! You are doing a great job of taking these tender opportunities to share Jesus with her!
I think her sweet little innocent response is priceless too...if we could do what we really want to do and not let sin come in our hearts.
Kristy,
Wow, what a great post. Sounds like she has quite the understanding for her age! Great job on explaining the concept of Heaven to her. Thanks for the picture too. Loveya, Sarah
What a sweet story. I've always been amazed at the tenderheartedness of the Hoffman grandkids... maybe they get that from their grandpa or maybe they just all have great parents (or both). I hope they never lose it! Let me know the secret to this as we head into parenthood. Love you!
That is so sweet Kristy - thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment