Tuesday, August 12

Virginia Beach


We had a GREAT trip to VA Beach last week! Thanks for praying....the drive through the night went great! There was so much more we wanted to do! Here's some of our highlights.....

Cape Henry Lighthouse & the beautiful Alleghany Mountains.

Climbing the lighthouse ~ this picture of Chad is when he had to turn around & go back down. He chickened out and had to turn around. (afraid of heights) So I took lots of pic's for him from the top. Funny how he can fish all day off a pier HIGH above the water & not be bothered by that........ hmmmmmmm


Yeah, Chad caught a CRAB. Crabs are very hard to get off your line. Crabs do NOT like to let go of a piece of shrimp! Crabs are annoying!
And the seagull has part of a pretzel in his mouth that I fed him =) I also fed them Beef Jerky. I feel sorry for the poor sap who got pooped on later...hehehe

I got to eat at another beloved FRIENDLY'S!!! It was such a RELAXING week laying on the beach & listening to the waves, walking the beach at night, eating out at GREAT places, exploring lighthouses, shopping, fishing, watching endless entertainment along Beach Street.... (jugglers, magicians, steel drum bands, singers, plays....) We were amazed at how much this area has to offer! SO many INTERESTING people, though! For the most part it's a family friendly place. Especially along the beach. However, along Beach Street you'll find MANY different 'personalities'. I began to notice that roughly 44% of those walking along Beach Street were either 1 or more of the following:

Tattoo'd
Smoking.......something ?!?
"Falling Out".....at times I wanted to say: "excuse me, Mam, um, I think you missed a few buttons!"
or speaking some language that you try to guess what their talking about by their facial expressions & tone.

We weren't overly impressed with our "3 star" hotel. More like a 2, if you ask us. But it was clean & comfortable. 2 Important things! And we really weren't there much, so I guess I can't complain. OK...now it's back to REALITY!! School starts in just over a week!! LOTS to get ready & 'catch-up' with! Ahh, the dreaded return to insanity from a quiet, relaxing vacation.......
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

MarknBarb said...

We smiled when we read the part about Chad going back down because of his fear of heights. It reminded us of a day (long, long ago) when Mark and Dave practically carried Chad up the fire tower at Oubach State Park in Bluffton, In.
It is good to know that some things don't change in this life!!

Anonymous said...

Kristy, The pics are great. You look wonderful! and it looks like you had so much fun. I am glad you had time to just stop. Have a great week. I love you

sarah.flyingkites said...

Ditto to my parents! We have a picture of the Hoffmann grandsons climbing the silo and Chad is halfway up. Love it!

Kristy, your pictures are great. You guys look so cute. Glad you had fun!!

Heidi said...

how fun! you got some great pics....makes me want to go there!

Jami said...

I'm glad you had such a great time!!

Love you!