Friday, October 3

? Of the day!

It's been a while! Time for another ? of the day:

Have you ever tripped, slipped, or fallen down in public??

Probablly the funniest recent incident I can think of was thankfully only in front of my husband! (and any other boaters nearby I didn't see) When we were just in WI on our fishing trip, we were heading out the first morning on the boat. Chad started out slowly at first, then once he was out a little he took off faster. Well to my SURPRISE, my seat was NOT BOLTED to the bench in our little fishing boat, so my seat slid off, and I went FLYING to the bottom of the boat, my feet sticking straight up in the air!! (got a good visual by now?) My elbow & right cheek (and not the one on my face!) hurt for days!

And a more public example, back in HS when we were on a ski trip, I wiped out & landed off to the right of the slope in a snowpile, with my ski stuck in the snow, TIP DOWN, STILL ATTATCHED to the boot. It was PAINFUL!!! And there was so much snow on my boot, I couldn't get it unlatched. Meanwhile, a few of my friends were looking back to see why I was yelling, and Kim Y. skied RIGHT INTO A POLE!!! It was QUITE a show for all to see! My friends came to my rescue, as I felt like my leg was twisted like a pretzle & was about to break. I think I was actually in tears, it hurt so bad. But thinking back it was quite funny! Hmmm, any of my readers remember this humiliating incident???

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN.....

5 comments:

Rena said...

I don't remember an instance of falling in public, but I can share that I fell & broke my arm while putting my shoe on!

Rena :)

Miranda said...

Oh my word! I am sorry to say I have quite of few of these stories. The most embarassing was probably one winter when I was in college and I was walking along with my hands in the pockets of my coat. As I tried to step off of the sidewalk onto the parking lot I misstepped and down I went. With no hands to catch me since they were in my pockets. I am sure it was a very graceful landing, but thankfully I don't think anyone saw. At least that I know of. I guess there very well could have been someone looking out their window since it was an apartment parking lot. Oh well - if they were at least I was able to give someone a reason to laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

Mine was ever so dramatic. I was visiting a friend in Nashville TN. We were heading out to eat with a few of her friends that I had just met (literally in the last 5 minutes) when we came upon the dreadful stairs. These were the basic cement stairs outside of a dormitory, oh maybe 10 steps total. Well, we're still not sure how, but I began to fall forward, grabbed on the the railing and did a total flip landing on the bottom step with my hands holding a deathgrip on the handrail and me flat on my back. I whimpered a bit and got up, dusted myself off and try to act like I wasn't totally humiliated. We walked to the car, me reassuring them I was just fine. But when we got in the car I looked down and my entire pant leg was soaked in blood. Somehow in the fall I had cut a huge gash on my shin (I still can't figure out how). So we got back out of the car and Kaley played nurse to fix my wound, a scar which I still have today. Needless to say we didn't go out to eat that night...
Bekah

sarah said...

Hi Kristi! I read your blog sometimes when I'm blog snooping and I had a dream that you got really mad and were yelling at me for reading your private information:)

Sandra said...

I just tagged you. Im sure you know the game. Write 7 interesting facts about yourself that others may or may not know, then tag 7 other bloggers out there. Don't feel like you have to do this, but you know you will be putting a hult to the game...hee hee....no pressure:)