Friday, January 23

Bother or Blessing?

I was convicted this morning as I heard a short message on WCIC. They asked: Do you view the things in your life as a BOTHER, or a BLESSING? I gotta say, lately I've been viewing things as a bother in my life! I get frusterated with the kids, the house, annoyed with my mundane responsibilities. (laundry, dishes, cleaning...when will I EVER be caught up?) I haven't been very thankful lately. I haven't given God the glory for all of the blessings in my life! I've just been dragging along, doing what I 'need' to do, and not realizing...God, You have given us ALL of this! Not only the things that 'fill our house', but my children, my husband, my family, my church family...it's all because if YOU, Jesus! Thank-you! Help me to appreciate ALL You have given me, and help me to do things for YOUR glory!

It's amazing how much your attitude can change things. This morning, Kels was so angry - couldn't find her shoes (again!) She was throwing things, yelling at her brother & sister...& her mother!(where does she GET this from?? *blush*)..all the while getting grounded in the process, for her behavior. Well, the shoes were BEHIND Josiah's bedroom door (??of course!??) But she was FUMING all the way until we pulled up to school. Now, I know the Bible says 'don't let the sun go down on your wrath', but it should also include: 'never start your day angry' :) Thankfully, God gave me the grace to grab her hand before she got out, & I told her: 'hey...smile, I want you to have a good day!! I love you!' and JUST LIKE THAT, she smiled, started walking to school, & even turned around & blew me a kiss.....what a blessing!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Praise God for good days, and learning lessons. Have a great weekend. I love you.

Jami said...

I love that story. You're a good mommy Kristy! I love how you told her "hey smile...."

Love you!