Sunday, April 26

Sunday. A day of rest....

...and why not a visit to the ER?!?

You see, we went down to Chad's parents for pizza tonight, then afterwards Chad, his Dad, Kels & Josiah went fishing. About 30 min after they were out Kels caught a BIG ONE! Her brother's ear, that is! No clue how it happened, but she was sobbing, she felt so bad. Chad & his Dad tried to clip it & push it through, but couldn't get it. So we had to take him into the ER - we were so glad to have Tater as our NP! Between trying to get the shot into the ear to numb it, then removing it, I did NOT envy his position one bit! But he did awesome...Thanks, Tater!

On the way to the hospital...



Then waiting at the hospital - wouldn't have even known anything was wrong!



It's Out! Another 'souviner' for Josiah! (the first one being a little rock he aspirated about 4 years ago!)


He did great, so we couldn't help but treat him to an ice cream cone afterwards!



His first words as we walked out of the room were: 'I'm never going fishing again!' (not what his Dad wanted to hear!)

I love you, little man - you did great! Just no more 'souviner's', ok?

4 comments:

Klint & Sarah said...

I am SO SORRY Kristy, but this really cracked me up! I laughed out loud a few times. Please don't tell Josiah!

My favorite part: "Kels caught a BIG one...her brother's ear!" So funny!! Oh, my, poor little guy!

Also, if Kels needs counseling to help her with her guilt, she can call me since I was the one to stick poor Josiah in the hospital the first time ;)I feel for ya Kels!

SO glad that it wasn't worse! Thanks for sharing!
Sarah

Kristy said...

Sarah, you did NOT put him in the hospital the first time! Did YOU put that rock in his mouth?!? I didn't think so :) And he was SO excited this morning - couldn't wait to show his class the hook!! Once we showed Kels the pics & how happy he was, she felt better.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristy-
Great post! I'm so sorry for Josiah, but he seemed to be a trooper. I loved his pictures. Tell the family "hi".
Christa

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to be called 'hook' from now on!

Hoping for a quick healing!

U. "Hook" Mark