Friday, June 5

It just doesn't go away...

Tomorrow my Dad would turn 59. It doesn't matter how busy life gets, or how hectic my days can be, he's still there. And so is the pain. It just gets worse. I know this was God's perfect plan, it's just so hard to accept and adjust to. Can't stop thinking of how different things are...how much I wish he could see, or be there for. He loved his grandkids SO MUCH - I wish he could be here to cheer them on, or to tickle them, or to play another game with them. So much I wish he could help me with, or fix, or give me advice with...the hole is so huge, and it still hurts so bad. I don't WANT it to go away...I hope I never forget all the things he did for us, and all the memories made. But I can't wait for the day that it gets a little easier. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dad. I miss you so much. I'm so thankful for your strength, your Godly advice & wisdom, your simple but strong FAITH that God will provide...we just need to TRUST. Your laugh, your smile, even your ideas & dreams...you had many of them! :) You give us HOPE and the STRENGTH we need to carry on and STAND STRONG in JESUS! I LOVE YOU!


Thanks for letting me cry & share...sorry if you read this Mom. Hope you weren't planning to go anywhere, soon...might want to take an anxiety pill :) I love you too, and am so thankful for you & Dad's love and support through the years!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love you and am praying for you. I wish I was there to give you a big hug.

Rebekah Hoffman said...

Thinking of you guys a lot today! Love you, and see you tomorrow.

Rebekah said...

Kristy, you so clearly expressed what so many of us feel who have also lost a dear parent. Your Dad was a wonderful guy and I'm so glad you have such good memories of him. when someone is so big in life, they leave such a big hole when they leave. Thanks for sharing and the sweet memories about your dad. I hope you have a good day where the joys of his memories will be greater than the pain.

Love you,
Rebekah