Tuesday, September 28

I have found my calling....

to save other's vehicles from destruction!

A few months ago, I was waiting in the van as Chad ran into a bait shop. (which is just off a pretty busy road) A guy pulled up beside us, hopped out & went inside. Moments later I noticed out of the corner of my eye that his very nice, full size, extended cab truck was ROLLING BACKWARDS heading straight for the road, only about 20-30 feet away!! I jumped out & thankfully his truck was unlocked, so I jumped in & slammed on the brakes! I felt like such a hero. Haha. He was SO relieved when he came running out - guess he saw it through the window.

Then today, I was gassing up one of the GW vehicles & an old blazer on the other side of the pump from me started rolling backwards!! (and some cars were parked a little ways behind it) Once again, the guy had gone inside, so I tried opening the door, but it was locked, so I went behind it & pushed as hard as I could & stopped it!! THANKFULLY it was rolling slowly, and there wasn't much of a decline. I'm not THAT strong! ;) But there is a tiny little part of me that feels like "The Thing", or Spider-man, or some amazing superhero who always seems to be in the right place at the right time. But then reality sinks in & I realize...I'm just an ordinary person, with ordinary abilities, who just so happens to be around when someone just-so-happens to leave their truck in neutral or doesn't apply their parking break.

So. I guess if there's anything that I'm good for in my life, it was to save a couple vehicles from harm. That kinda makes me a superhero, doesn't it??

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Kristy, you are a hero!! Saving TWO vehicles from damage is pretty heroic in my mind! Way to go!

sarah.flyingkites said...

That is so HILARIOUS!

I totally would have gawked out the window with my mouth open as it crashed. I have terrible instincts during emergencies! I actually am super impressed!

(So sad to miss you guys at the fair on Friday. I was disappointed. Hope you had fun!)

Love ya!

Marie Stork said...

you are a Hero for sure. I'm going to have to call you SuperWoman next time I see yoU! And check out those biceps of yours. You have to be STRONG!!!

Wendy said...

This post reminds me of when Kirk and I were first engaged. He pulled up on his parents drive which is steep and got out and was nearly in the door when he finally looked back to see me and the car rollind down the drive. LOL! So much for my knight in shining armor, I had to rescue myself. :)