Wednesday, December 3

36 Years Ago...




Today would be my Mom & Dad's 36th anniversary. It's another one of those 'firsts' without Dad here. Mom actually went up to Starved Rock alone to walk some trails & be in a place where she has memories of Dad. She told me this morning she just can't be at home in her 'new' house... 'cause she doesn't have any memories there with Dad'. We're all going to spend the evening with her, and maybe help set up the tree. Not sure. But if you could, lift up my Mom today in prayer... pray for strength. for hope. for the grace to make it through this day & month. for peace - to know God is truly in control, and LOVES her! and for our whole family - that we can ALWAYS have the strength, devotion, determination & hope of heaven that Dad displayed. I love you, Mom...I miss you, Dad! Happy Anniversary.





4 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

Wow, this about made me cry! I hope you had an uplifting evening with your mom. I sure it was nice for her to have her family around her!

Love ya

Marie Stork said...

I will pray for her and your whole family. I've been keeping those that have lost loved ones close to heart these past few days as the Christmas season is upon us. Marie

Kasey said...

We are thinking of you all and praying for you too!

Jami said...

Thanks for letting us know, Kristy. I will definately be praying...for all of you!