Yesteday I almost lost my house! Well, that's exaggerating a smidge, but Abbi DID almost start a fire in my microwave! You see, unbeknownst to me, she decided to attempt to reheat (aka-utterly CHAR) a leftover cinnamon stick. However, she put it in for approx. 4 min. too long! (give or take a few min.) I was interrupted to this disturbing smell of smoke, and when I came upstairs the whole main floor was FILLED with smoke. So much that I couldn't tell where it was coming from! I thought, maybe she put something in our toaster oven?!? No, that was cold. Then I ran to the living room wondering if the tree was starting to burn?? No...I don't think the smoke is coming from the Living Room....then I went back in the kitchen and that's when I saw it! Smoke pouring out of my microwave! I opened it up, and this is what I found...

Yeah...not sure if the microwave will ever be the same. It STILL reaks!
4 comments:
that is hilarious!!!! I can't believe it make that much smoke!
(BTW, my mom gave us your Christmas pic...too adorable!)
Thanks for the great story!
The microwave always scares me with the kids! Glad you were home and that your house didn't burn down! You will have to google "take burn smell out of microwave" and see what you come up with?
Oh no!!!
thats pretty scary if you ask me. I will make sure to warn my children to not attempt the microwave alone.
Post a Comment