The other day I was wishing I had some fresh new recipe's to use for Christmas gatherings, etc. Appetizers, cookies, candies, drinks. Whatever! And I thought...why not share one on my blog, and ask you to share one too!
So...AS LONG AS YOU PROMISE TO SHARE A RECIPE WITH ME, YOU CAN SEE MINE! :)
(I guess I'm just kidding) Just some motivation to get you to actually share one!
So here's mine. Cappuchino Punch. I LOVE to make this and have some on hand in my freezer around Christmastime. I don't know why I limit it to Christmas, it just seems like a fun time of year to have it. It's so easy, you just have to remember to take it out of the freezer a few hours before you plan to serve it. ;)
Cappuchino Punch
3 C. Strong Brewed Coffee
1 C Sugar
* Add the sugar to the coffee while HOT & stir well. Then let cool.
1 Pint of Half & Half
1 Quart of Milk
2 tsp. Vanilla
* Stir together well & Add to cooled coffee. Stir & Freeze. I like to divide it in a few smaller contaiers (cool whip size) Seems to thaw a little faster. Remove however much you'll need 2-3 hours before serving. ('stirring' occasionally) 1 recipe makes approx. 9 Cups. E*N*J*O*Y*!! (I made some a couple hours ago...can't wait to test it!)
NOW! If you peeked at this recipe, you'd better share your favorite too! 8-)
8 comments:
That sounds so so so yummy!
Here is a favorite appitizer of ours...really simple!
I dont know what they are called...I call them sausage pinwheels.
1 tube of cresent rolls
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
1 tube of sausage
Cook sausage in skillet. Remove from heat once cooked. Add cream cheese. Mix really well. Spread on cresent rolls (you can spread them individually or lay them all out and pinch the seams together longways). ROll them up and cut about 1/2 inch pieces. So when they are cut they look like pinwheels. Bake 350 for about 12 minutes or until brown! Can be served right away or if you take them somewhere just put them in the micro for about 30 seconds. They are good warm or cool.
A favorite of mine! Only if you like seafood. It's a Pampered Chef recipe so hence all the PC words. Hope you like it. I also love capp punch but my recipe I have uses ice-cream and so I'm excited to try yours and see if there really is a difference.
Crab Rangoon Dip
Recipe
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/2 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
1 green onion with top (about 1/4 cup thinly sliced)
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Crispy Wonton Chips (optional)
1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and garlic pressed with Garlic Press using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Add Swiss cheese; mix until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of Mini-Baker.
2. Spoon sweet and sour sauce over cream cheese mixture. Coarsely chop crabmeat using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until outside edges of dip are bubbly and dip is heated through.
3. Meanwhile, thinly slice green onion using Santoku Knife. Sprinkle dip with green onion and almonds. Serve dip warm using Small Bamboo Spoon with Crispy Wonton Chips, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings (about 3 1/2 cups)
Cook's Tip: If your microwave oven does not have a turntable, rotate baker halfway through microwave time.
To toast almonds, place almonds in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.
Crispy Wonton Chips
Recipe
32 square wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally; arrange half of the wontons in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove chips from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining wontons. Serve with Bamboo Tongs.
Yield: 64 chips (16 servings)
Yummmm...that sounds like something I would LOVE!
Almost Grandma Sheetz's Baked Apples
Halve & core enough (Jonathon are good) apples to fill a 9x13 pan,cored side up. Sprinkle with red hots & Minute tapioca. Sprinkle with 1 T. of sugar. Fill pan with about 1 inch of water. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, flip & bake about 15 more. Serve chilled.
These are a very pretty red color & are semi-healthy for the holiday!
Side note: Gma Sheetz would never tell anyone how to make "her" apples (I come from a long line of stubborn women, Mom doesn't read you blog, right?!?!?!) So these are almost as good as hers, I've just experimented with the amounts!
:) - Rena
Yum! These sound good, girls! Can't wait to try them!
Your punch sounds delicious!
These icy days are good for baking -- if you have electricity, that is! Here's a recipe we all love.
Caramel Party Mix:
12 oz. Crispix (or any combination of Chex)
12 oz. Crunchy Corn Bran cereal
7.5 oz. Cheerios
9 oz. small pretzels
16 oz. dry roasted peanuts
1 bag M&Ms
Combine all except M&Ms in lg. bowl (Thats-a-Magabowl works great:)). Put in large tin or stainless steel bowl. (I used a 20 lb. disposable aluminum roasting pan.)
sauce:
2 1/2 c. margarine
1 1/4 c. white corn syrup
4 c. brown sugar
Mix in large (at least 6 qt.) saucepan and boil 6 min.
Remove from heat and add:
1 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 tsp. soda
*Mixture will foam and almost quadruple when you add this. (That's why you need the 6 qt. saucepan!)
Pour hot sauce over cereal mixture in large bowl. Stir until coated. Bake at 200 for 1 hr., stirring every 15-20 min. Allow to cool and add M&Ms.
This is a huge batch (~40 cups) and freezes well.
Gini
Gin- Do you not have power?? How long were (or are) you without??
Merry Christmas!!!
Kristy I'm so glad you have this posted! It is delicious! :)
LOVE THE picture of Abby by the way!
Post a Comment