Monday, May 18

9 Years Ago...

Kelsey Anne joined this world! Only 2.8 lbs. and 2 months early...not as we 'planned', but our little miracle girl!

She's almost a week old, here.


Finally able to feed her ourselves...no more feeding tube! :)


Thanksgiving 2000 - 6 months old






With her cousin Collin after Jamie's wedding & on vacation in Branson



First day of Kindergarten!




She's always been such a good big sister!





Lookin mean on Uncle Clarky's motorcycle!



She's always had such a soft heart...she misses her Grandpa so much!! (the picture above is how she fell asleep one night holding a picture of the 2 of them) :)




Happy Birthday, Kels! We are so thankful God blessed us with you as our daughter! Your sweet smile, your soft heart, your love for JESUS are all so special...WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH! ~Mom & Dad

6 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

What a beautiful post for Kelsey's birthday! The pictures are adorable!

Happy Birthday, Kels! You share your b-day with a great man...George ;)

THanks Kristy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!! We love you!
Love,
Uncle Tim, Aunt Christa, Jack and Willis

sarah said...

Aww... that was sweet. It even got me a little choked up:)

Rena said...

That was so sweet. Happy birthday to Kelsey!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Kelsey. I LOVE YOU-
Looking at the pictures of her brings back many memories....I am reading a book called Tender Grace.
It is a story of a woman whose husband died at age 58, a total shock.(he was in good shape and had just had a physical)This woman thinks no one has coped worse with losing a mate than herself. In one part of the book, she writes that nothing prepared her and her husband for the joy of their children's children. She says the little ones have finally quit looking for Grandpa when they visit. She cannot believe what they have lost and also that she will ever be enough. How I can relate to that, as much as Grandpa (Dick) Hoffman loved his grandchildren. How he would have loved to see the changes, and watch them grow. He had soooo much love, faith, goodness, and good...no...GREAT advice and talks with them. Yes, they have lost a loving Grandpa here on earth. But, I believe he is watching up above and every time I give my grandchildren a hug, I am giving them one from him, too. I miss him more then I can ever say, but I know you miss him too. His family, friends, and others miss him. I can't be selfish and have pity parties all the time, but my life has changed, and daily I try to cope as myself without my dear husband, without Dick Hoffman.
Kelsey, always remember that Grandpa loved you so much. And some glad day, you can see him again.......in heaven. He won't be sick or have any pain, he'll have a new body, and we will see Jesus.
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Love, hugs, and kisses, Grandma Hoffman

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey Ann! I miss you and wish I could give you a HUGE Hug! Have a great day I love you.