Wednesday, November 5

Costume Party

This past Sat. we were invited to a costume/harvest party by one of Kelsey's friends' families. Chad wasn't excited about it at first, but once he got into it, things changed. He was SET on being Captain Jack Sparrow, and me: Elizabeth. (so original) so that was our plan. I found a 'piratey' looking dress, and one for Kels, and a wig & hat for Chad. (thankfully I left the tags on them just in case!)

Well Chad came down with strep, so Sat morning we came up with a plan B. (WHEW! i was never sold on the pirate thing, but hey - he was excited about it, so whatever) So as we were brainstorming on what Kels & I could be, Chad had this idea. And once Kels heard it, there was NO other option! She was SOLD. (she loves the show-we've got a DVD of it)

Well, I was able to return our dresses, paid a visit to goodwill, and BAM!! There it was...the PERFECT dress for my 'character'. Now, I realize I do NOT have the right 'body' for this character, and I didn't do a wig or anything 'unique', but I had the dress. (and the mole I added to my cheek) And so...I present to you.....


Straight from Gilligan's Island...It's GINGER & MARYANN!




Isn't she the cutest Maryann you've ever seen?







Kels doin the LIMBO!
And with her friend Lizzy...





And the 'real' Ginger & maryann!


2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

so cute!
This looks like so much fun!! Thanks for the pictures (love your bangs, by the way:))

Erin said...

Hilarious! Thats great. What great memories! I love you have a great week.