Wednesday, January 9

Another Blogger is Born

Well, I've read and appreciated many of my friends' blogs, and I've come to the point where I needed an avenue to share my feelings, thoughts, etc. I may bore people, I may say dumb things, I may share things that are important to me but other's could give a hoot about. :) I hope to share our Joy's along the Journey...the Journey of life that we all are on. We're all on different roads...some rough, some smooth, some uphill, some downhill. But Praise the Lord for the same destination...Heaven! Most of you already know, my Dad reached his destination on December 28th. He was 57...battled cancer for almost 4 years...and was the strength & the rock of our family. We could always count on him for help, wisdom, encouragement, an answer... He gave of himself at anytime, and so selflessly. He and Mom trained us in the truth's of God's Word, taught us to love God with all our hearts, to trust in Him & look to Him for guidance & wisdom, to give our best at everything we do. I miss him so much. We were blessed to all be around his bed when he took his final breaths. It was my sister's turn to stay overnight, and we knew it might not be long. I struggled with going home...I just didn't want to leave. At around 1 (am) he was resting pretty good & Mom & Cheryl were going to try to rest as well. So I went home to shower and get a little sleep myself. I got a call sometime after 4. (am) Dad was really struggling to breath...Eric & I got there about the same time & sat around his bed with him listening, praying, crying, doing everything we could think of to make him comfortable. He wasn't communicating, so it was so hard to know what we could do. His breathing got so hard to listen to, as we could tell his lungs were filling up with fluid. Mom was telling him over and over it was ok...we'd all be ok...he didn't have to fight anymore... We all told him how much we loved him...I remember begging God to take him, I was getting so scared...wondering if he was in pain, wondering if he was hurting as much as we were just watching. Eric read Psalm 23 & we woke up Matt. We were all around him, and soon his breathing changed completly! We just sat so still waiting for another breath. He got so calm and peaceful...it was just what we were praying for! We didn't want to see him go struggling like that. He breathed slow and clear for what seemed like forever...(a few min.) Then we knew...he was with Jesus! He was healed! Just like we have prayed for 4 years...just not the way I wanted him healed. But God has a perfect plan. He has never abandoned me and I know he won't now. Sometimes I feel alone...maybe forgotten...but I know deep down He's There! I'm so sorry this got long and out-of-hand. I promise I won't make all my posts this long. :) I'll end with sharing a verse that Mom and us kids have clung to these past few months...a verse that is on a picture we got for Mom & Dad for Christmas.
Psalm 18:2 - The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Glad you could join in....I have to admit I was in tears reading your blog. Just reading how hard that must have been being around your father but knowing its God's plan and trusting in him and letting him go. Kristy we love you all so much. I want you to know that we do NOT stop praying for you. Even elijah is including the hoffman family in his nighttime prayers. I am excited to add you to my blog page and continue reading up on your family. Have a wonderful day.
AND welcome to the blog world:)

Jami said...

Welcome to blogland Kristy! Thanks for sharing. Your post made me cry. I love you and am praying for your whole family. Keep clinging to Him..!

Anonymous said...

Kristy, I stumbled upon you site through Sandra's. How fun to have another site to read each day! (I am somewhat blog-addicted.) Thank you for sharing about your Dad's last moments. Kirk and I love you and your family so much and we are praying for you all. Please know how much we care and that you are not alone in this time of grief.
Love, Wendy

Heidi said...

Kristy,
I'm praying for you....I know your heart must ache. How great to know you'll see him again someday. I love you and if you just want to talk or anything, I'm here for you. You've always been a special friend to me since we were so young! Your family also is so special to me...I love ya all so much!
Heidi McGowan

Jessica said...

Kristy, your post was absolutely beautiful! I am so glad that you shared with us! It is so evident that the Lord is with you b/c your heart is so pure and sweet, not bitter and angry. I love you and think of you so much!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kristy, for sharing your thoughts and hurts. You are very articulate. The strength you saw so mightily in your Dad, I can see coming out in you. It has been passed to the next generation. The same Jesus who made him so strong is strengthing you. Isn't it amazing?

We love you very much and continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. Love Aunt Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Kristy- Thanks so much for sharing your heart. I love hearing whats going on with you. I love you and miss you very very very much.