Saturday, March 28

Determination!




As I'm going over my lesson for tomorrow morning, which is on Jesus healing the paralyzed man who was lowered through the roof, I'm amazed! They had to have tremendous FAITH, to go to all that effort! First of all, getting him up there, removing the roof tiles, then LOWERING him into the room?!? There had to be some element of danger here for this poor paralyzed man...yet they were DETERMINED to get him to Jesus, and had the FAITH that He could heal him! I've often thought, man, things would have been easier back then. I mean, how could you POSSIBLY struggle with faith while seeing these amazing miracles our Savior did?? Now, I believe with all my heart that God's Word is TRUE, but I'd be lying if I said I never struggled with trusting God to provide in certain situations, or that I have never lacked in faith! Another thing that strikes me, is how 'pushy' they seemed. They COULD have waited at the door for Jesus to come out, rather than go to all that work, right? Yet God HEALED HIM, and FORGAVE HIM of his sins! Such COMPASSION! That's our SAVIOR! =)


ps- I hope they repaired the roof when they were done.....

No comments: