Tuesday, March 24

Shedd Aquarium

I went along with Josiah's class to Shedd Aquarium last week! It was the first time either of us had been there. There were alot of interesting fish to see - we were bummed the penguins, dolphins & whale (i think) area was CLOSED for renovating. Guess we'll have to go back sometime :) Here's a few highlights: Oh, and for the record, we weren't supposed to use flash, so some of them are not-so-great quality.


Funky lookin' fish...glub, glub, glub


These things were hilarious - they'd dissapear into the sand, then pop back up. :)


Monsterous Crab


This leafy thing was actually some type of fish!


This little seahorse was so cute :)


Josiah sitting on the glass floor - it was pretty cool! Stingray's swam around underneath you!


Josiah & Luke (my nephew)


The whole gang! (minus about 5 or so taking pictures)


Josiah, Luke & Brady - good buds :)

It was an exhausting day, but alot of fun! So amazing to see all of God's UNIQUE creation! And the kids did GREAT!

6 comments:

Erin said...

We love Shedd!!! What a cool field trip!

Marie Stork said...

oh, I'm so glad I read your blog. I was thinking about taking the kids up there over Spring Break but will hold off if all the really cool stuff is closed right now. Field trips are always so fun but so exhausting. I usually come home with a migrane. But I keep going back for them?? But I've learned to take Advil every 6 hours on the trip. :)
Marie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! We were going to go there when we took a field trip to Chicago with the foreign exchange students last month but we hadn't registered ahead of time and the wait was like 2 hours out in the freezing cold, so we decided to skip it! I'm glad you had fun!!
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! We were going to go there when we took a field trip to Chicago with the foreign exchange students last month but we hadn't registered ahead of time and the wait was like 2 hours out in the freezing cold, so we decided to skip it! I'm glad you had fun!!
Rebekah

ajp said...

You were in Chicago and did not let us know!

Kristy said...

hahaha, kinda different when your on a FIELD TRIP! But I guess I had it coming :) and WOW, thanks for commenting on my Blog!